- Enter licensee name, partial name, or license number (choose license type from drop down menu) and click "search." Enter EITHER name OR license number, NOT BOTH.
- Results page will list matches.
- Click "Detail" link to view license information.
- To print, click "view printable document" and hover over the bottom of the document window for a save/print dialogue box.
- License information, including name, year of birth, license number, license issue date, license expiration date, medical school, medical school attendance dates.
- ACSC/QACSC information: whether the licensee holds controlled substances prescribing privileges, certificate number, date issued, date of expiration.
- Specialty and location (provided by licensee and not certified to be accurate)
- Physician extender information: lists CRNPs/CNMs in collaborative practice with physicians and P.A.s/A.A.s registered to physicians.
- Disciplinary action information: license actions are indicated by a "yes" in the row entitled "Public file." If there are disciplinary actions, a link to the documents is provided.
- Some information is confidential pursuant to state law:
- patient complaints
- malpractice case information
- Additionally, full addresses and birth dates are not provided for security reasons.
Data obtained from the Alabama Board of Medical Examiners/Medical Licensure Commission Licensee Search is directly from the database of the Medical Licensure Commission, the data is secure, and updates are reflected daily and may be considered the most current information available.
The Medical Licensure Commission attests to the accuracy and timeliness of the data. The Medical Licensure Commission is of the opinion that organizations can rely on the verified online licensure verification information available through the Alabama Board of Medical Examiners Licensee Search as primary source verification.
The following list is information that is verified by the Alabama Board of Medical Examiners or Medical Licensure Commission:
- license number
- issue date
- expiration date
- medical school information
- year of birth
Our licensees submit some data that is not verified by the Alabama Board of Medical Examiners or Medical Licensure Commission, such as specialty and location.
If you have additional questions, use one of the methods listed on the contact information page.
- Full physician license:
MD.##### (medical doctor)
DO.#### (doctor of osteopathy)
- Assistant to physician license:
PA.#### (physician assistant)
AA.#### (anesthesiologist assistant)
- Limited physician license*:
(suffixes: R=resident; F=fellow; SP=specialty professor; DP=distinguished professor;
VP=visiting professor; SI=state institution)
- Physician practicing across state lines:
SP.### (special purpose license)
- Retired senior volunteer license:
- Controlled substances certificate:
QACSC.#### (physician assistants)
*Limited licensees may practice medicine only within the confines of the postgraduate training
program, medical school or state institution
All rights reserved