Board rules concerning the renewal of an Alabama Controlled Substances Certificate (ACSC) or Qualified Alabama Controlled Substances Certificate (QACSC) were amended to require that registrants must hold a current, valid registration from the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) and must be registered with the Alabama Department of Public Health's Prescription Drug Monitoring Program (PDMP) before they may renew their ACSC/QACSC.
If a registrant does not have a valid, current DEA registration or is not registered with the PDMP, the registrant will not be allowed to complete the renewal until these things are done.
ACSC and QACSC holders should immediately ascertain their status with the DEA and PDMP, and complete the necessary registrations as soon as possible. It may take several days or more to accomplish these registrations.
DO NOT DELAY IN TAKING ACTION CONCERNING THIS MATTER
New requirements for the 2014 renewal year
In order to renew an Alabama Controlled Substances Certificate (ACSC) or a Qualified Alabama Controlled Substances Certificate (QACSC) you will have to:
- Have a current
registration to access the Alabama Prescription Drug Monitoring
- Go to: http://www.adph.org/PDMP/
- Select the Security Portal hyper link located in left hand column
- Select the Create an account hyperlink located in the I want to box
- Select the application check box labeled PDMP-Controlled Substance Database
- Select the appropriate Application Type radio button located under the PDMP application type section
- Complete all the required fields on the online application.
- After completing the online application you will receive two emails. One will have detailed instructions and a form. The form needs to be printed, signed, notarized and returned.
- If you do not receive the email go to http://www.adph.org/PDMP/
- On the left hand side click on "Security Portal Login".
- Login using the username and password you created on the online application.
- Click on the "Recreate My Access Request Form" link.
- At this point you are considered registered and can renew your ACSC/QACSC license. Please complete the process by signing, notarizing and return the PDMP form.
For additional assistance, please contact the PDMP at (800) 225-6998.
- Have a current registration issued by the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) - Find info at http://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/
If you don't have these two required items you will not be allowed to complete the renewal for an ACSC or QACSC license.
NOTICE: These requirements apply for renewal of the ACSC and QACSC only. This is not a requirement for renewal of MD, DO, Limited, PA, AA, SP, RSV or CP licenses.
All rights reserved