- Synopses of public license actions are posted on a current basis as they are made public.
- The listings generally will remain for three months.
- After three months, this information may be found in the Public Action Reports in the BME Newsletters. Beginning with 2016, prior actions will be listed by date on the disciplinary actions archive page.
- To determine if there has been action against a physician's license:
- look up the licensee in our database
- disciplinary action will be indicated by a "yes" in the "public file" row on the results page
- if there is a public file, click the "yes" link to download a .pdf file of the documents.
- For certified copies of public disciplinary documents, click here for a certified copies request form. There is no fee for this service.
Receive alerts for new public actions, agendas, newsletters, rules, etc.
MEDICAL LICENSURE COMMISSION - JULY 2016
On July 7, the Commission entered an Order denying the request for reinstatement of license of John P. Hagler, MD, lic. no. MD.6566, Montgomery AL.
BOARD OF MEDICAL EXAMINERS - JULY 2016
On July 20, the Board accepted the voluntary surrender of certificate of qualification and license to practice medicine in Alabama of Daniel Kevin Stubler, MD, lic. no. MD.16025, Fairhope AL.
On July 7, James Fullerton Hooper, MD, lic. no. MD.12618, Tuscaloosa AL, voluntarily surrendered his certificate of qualification and license to practice medicine in Alabama.
MEDICAL LICENSURE COMMISSION - JUNE 2016
On June 20, Robert M. Ritchea, MD, lic. no. MD.19887, Phenix City AL, voluntarily surrendered his Alabama Controlled Substances Certificate.
Effective June 7, the Commission revoked the license to practice medicine in Alabama of Mark P. Koch, DO, lic. no. DO.322, Monroeville AL.
On June 6, the Commission entered an Order requiring that Mohammad Omar Mohabbat, MD, lic. no. MD.11727, Northport AL, present for an evaluation.
BOARD OF MEDICAL EXAMINERS - JUNE 2016
Effective June 3, the Alabama Controlled Substances Certificate of Robert M. Ritchea, MD, lic. no. MD.19887, Phenix City, AL, is temporarily suspended until such time as a hearing shall be held by the Board and a decision rendered thereon.
Actions for CME (reprimand, fine, additional CME required):
Ross E. Bunch, MD, lic. no. MD.19040, Tuscaloosa AL
Ernest G. Burch, MD, lic. no. MD.23467, Mobile AL
Leonard J. Caputo, MD, lic. no. MD.8384, Mobile AL
Lea C. Clayton, MD, lic. no. MD.19310, Moody AL
Barry G. Collins, MD, lic. no. MD.22922, Pell City AL
Wilbourne Ray Crouch, MD, lic. no. MD.5434, Hartselle AL
Gary W. Hudson, MD, lic. no. MD.12133, Huntsville AL
Benjamin H. Johnson, III, MD, lic. no. MD.9687, Mountain Brook AL
Carol M. Johnson, MD, lic. no. MD.11601, Alabaster AL
Christopher R. Jones, MD, lic. no. MD.10315, Hoover AL
Christopher Kirya, MD, lic. no. MD.8282, Gadsden AL
John D. McArthur, MD, lic. no. MD.13596, Auburn AL
Lusanne C. L. McKenzie, MD, lic. no. MD.4189, Huntsville AL
Douglas O. Moore, MD, lic. no. MD.13487, Hoover AL
Dean Robert Naden, DO, lic. no. DO.690, Jasper AL
Lynn H. Porter, MD, lic. no. MD.14153, Robertsdale AL
Brian E. Rogers, MD, lic. no. MD.18306, Russellville AL
Mohammed Salehuddin, MD, lic. no. MD.20074, Greensboro AL
Mitchell C. Shirah, MD, lic. no. MD.9705, Roanoke AL
Kathleen S. Short, MD, lic. no. MD.13117, Birmingham AL
Everitt N. Simmons, MD, lic. no. MD.11850, Alabaster AL
Elizabeth A. Simpson, PA, lic. no. PA.595, Mobile AL
Joseph P. Walsh, MD, lic. no. MD.26120, Elberta AL
Actions on ACSC for not being registered for PDMP (administrative fine):
None at this time.
Actions on ACSC for prescribing controlled substances with expired ACSC (administrative fine):
None at this time.
All rights reserved