- Synopses of public license actions are posted on a current basis as they are made public.
- The listings generally will remain for three months.
- After three months, this information may be found in the Public Action Reports in the BME Newsletters.
- To determine if there has been action against a physician's license:
- look up the licensee in our database
- disciplinary action will be indicated by a "yes" in the "public file" row on the results page
- if there is a public file, click the "yes" link to download a .pdf file of the documents.
- For certified copies of public disciplinary documents, click here for a certified copies request form. There is no fee for this service.
Receive alerts for new public actions, agendas, newsletters, rules, etc.
MEDICAL LICENSURE COMMISSION - DECEMBER 2016
Effective Dec. 30, the Commission entered an Order indefinitely suspending the license to practice medicine in Alabama of Barry Neal Lumpkins, MD, lic. no. MD.24548, Florence AL.
On Dec. 23, the Commission denied the request of John Percy Hagler, MD, lic. no. MD.6566, Montgomery AL, for reinstatement of his license to practice medicine in Alabama.
On Dec. 20, the Commission entered an Order assessing an administrative fine against Stephen R. Sheppard, MD, lic. no. MD.10348, Mobile AL, and requiring either an accreditation plan and continuing medical education or to cease the office based surgical practice.
BOARD OF MEDICAL EXAMINERS - DECEMBER 2016
On Dec. 14, the Board accepted the voluntary surrender of the Alabama Controlled Substances Certificate of Richard L. Snellgrove, MD, lic. no. MD.16922, Fairhope AL.
Actions for CME (reprimand, fine, additional CME required):
Richard L. Cox, Jr., MD, lic. no. MD.8794, Birmingham AL
Ian H. Thorneycroft, MD, lic. no. MD.15135, Mobile AL
Actions on ACSC for not being registered for PDMP (administrative fine):
Charles E. Sharp, MD, lic. no. MD.15472, Birmingham AL
Actions on ACSC for prescribing controlled substances with expired ACSC (administrative fine):
None at this time.
All rights reserved