- Synopses of public license actions are posted on a current basis as they are made public.
- The listings generally will remain for three months.
- After three months, this information may be found in the Public Action Reports in the BME Newsletters.
- To determine if there has been action against a physician's license:
- look up the licensee in our database
- disciplinary action will be indicated by a "yes" in the "public file" row on the results page
- if there is a public file, click the "yes" link to download a .pdf file of the documents.
- For certified copies of public disciplinary documents, click here for a certified copies request form. There is no fee for this service.
Receive alerts for new public actions, agendas, newsletters, rules, etc.
BOARD OF MEDICAL EXAMINERS - JANUARY 2015
On Jan. 21, the Board accepted the Voluntary Restrictions on the certificate of qualification and license to practice medicine in Alabama of Russell Wayne Stevens, MD, lic. no. MD.26655, Fairhope AL.
MEDICAL LICENSURE COMMISSION - JANUARY 2015
On Jan. 21, the Commission entered an Order terminating the probationary status of the license to practice medicine in Alabama of Daniel C. Clower, III, MD, lic. no. MD.6624, Selma AL.
BOARD OF MEDICAL EXAMINERS - DEC 2014 (too late for newsletter)
On Dec. 17, the Board denied the application of John J. Villaverde, MD, lic. no. MD.11177, Birmingham AL, for removal of the Voluntary Restrictions on his certificate of qualification and license to practice medicine in Alabama.
On Dec. 10, the Board accepted the Voluntary Surrender of the certificate of qualification and license to practice medicine in Alabama of Paul Albert Roberts, MD, lic. no. MD.24557, Fultondale AL.
Non-disciplinary action (administrative fine) for failure to renew ACSC but continuing to write controlled substances:
Larry E. Thorne, MD, lic. no. MD.18478, Auburn AL
Frank B. Benson, III, MD, lic. no. MD.7906, Decatur AL
Actions for CME (reprimand, fine, additional CME required):
No new actions at this time
All rights reserved