- Synopses of public license actions are posted on a current basis as they are made public.
- The listings generally will remain for three months.
- After three months, this information may be found in the Public Action Reports in the BME Newsletters.
- To determine if there has been action against a physician's license:
- look up the licensee in our database
- disciplinary action will be indicated by a "yes" in the "public file" row on the results page
- if there is a public file, click the "yes" link to download a .pdf file of the documents.
- For certified copies of public disciplinary documents, click here for a certified copies request form. There is no fee for this service.
Receive alerts for new public actions, agendas, newsletters, rules, etc.
BOARD OF MEDICAL EXAMINERS - AUGUST 2015
On Aug. 19, Xiulu Ruan, MD, lic. no. MD.25262, Mobile AL, voluntarily surrendered his Alabama Controlled Substances Certificate.
MEDICAL LICENSURE COMMISSION - AUGUST 2015
None to date.
BOARD OF MEDICAL EXAMINERS - JULY 2015
On July 30, the Board entered a Consent Order restricting the Alabama Controlled Substances Certificate of Thomas G. Shafer, MD, lic. no. MD.13585, Mountain Brook AL.
On July 29, the Board entered an Order removing the restrictions previously placed on the license to practice as a physician assistant in Alabama of Chad J. Gilliam, PA, lic. no. PA.670, Madison AL.
On July 15, the Board accepted the voluntary surrender of the certificate of qualification and license to practice medicine in Alabama of Wyndol Span Hamer, Jr., MD, lic. no. MD.9756, Anniston AL.
On July 2, the Board issued an Order reinstating the Alabama Controlled Substances Certificate of Morris W. Cochran, MD, lic. no. MD.14439, Birmingham AL.
MEDICAL LICENSURE COMMISSION - JULY 2015
On July 31, the Commission entered an Order reprimanding the license to practice medicine in Alabama of Teki S. Hegwood, MD, lic. no. MD.31062, Dothan AL.
On July 31, the Commission entered an Order suspending the license to practice medicine in Alabama of Russell Wayne Stevens, MD, lic. no. MD.26655, Fairhope AL.
On July 23, the Commission reinstated the license to practice medicine in Alabama of Diana K. McCutcheon, MD, lic. no. MD.19246, Florence AL.
BOARD OF MEDICAL EXAMINERS - JUNE 2015 (too late for newsletter)
On Jun. 19, Kenneth E. Roberts, MD, lic. no. MD.9562, Ozark AL, voluntarily surrendered his Alabama Controlled Substances Certificate.
Actions for CME (reprimand, fine, additional CME required):
Debra Ann Hebert, DO, lic. no. DO.1013, Foley AL
Actions on ACSC for not being registered for PDMP (administrative fine):
Russell S. Ronson, MD, lic. no. MD25385, Birmingham AL
Keith Patrick Young, MD, lic. no. MD.12784, Huntsville AL
All rights reserved